Purpose of CaseRePort

This tool was written during work on a porting project. When the project was run on Linux for the first time, a lot of files were found to be referenced in a bad case from other files. These included hard-coded filenames in the source code, database (created by SQL script), XML files, etc.

First, I wrote a simple shell script, but it was too slow. Then I wrote a simple implementation in C#, but the performance was still awful. I wanted a better performance, because every time I had to tweak the script to make less noise.

Then I figured out that I can implement a really fast algorithm. Shell script was running about an hour on my project, naive implementation took 13 minutes, and with the new algorithm it took less than a minute. And I rewrote it in Java because I wanted to get familiar with new Eclipse IDE.